Wow. This series flew by. Mostly because I watched it at every opportunity I had when I was off of class & wasn't studying. The last 20 episodes were very good. A lot of dramatic scenes that left me in a nervous wreck trying to figure out what would happen. So many twists and turns... I never cried so much watching a series.
Bullets of Notable Things:
Overall, this is one of the best series TVB has ever made. In my opinion this "sequel" was by far alot better than Heart of Greed in every way.
- Michelle Yim is one of best villains ever. She rivals villains like Gallen Lo in Cold Blood Warm Heart.
- Tavia Yeung amazed me in this series. The role obviously didn't get as much screen time as other characters but really did raise the bar. I was so disappointed not seeing her nominated for Best Actress.
- Fala Chen also surprised with an excellent performance. She made me cry during her wedding scene.
- I eventually started fast forwarding most the scenes with Linda & Bosco. Their relationship was pointless and not needed. Linda's character was needed for series but the love triangle with Linda, Raymond, and Bosco should have been scrapped. I finally knew why the lowest ratings were during their scenes.
- I hate Kate Tsui's character. She's like a mix of evil and annoying. She did a good job with the role. Although, I have to say, Kate isn't as pretty as the character was made up to be. I actually think Tavia looked prettier. I couldn't get pass Kate's ears and her weird line when she had her hair up.
- Linda Chung did an OK job I think. There was SO MUCH Crying that wasn't even needed which came off as over acting.
- LSK character was very pityful. She gave a very touching performance.
- Susanna Kwan also did a great job. Sa Yi is a very hard character to play.
- Lei Heung Kam was brillaint as the grandmother who just wanted the best for her grandchildren.
- The love between Moses Chan, Kate Tsui, and Tavia Yeung to me was the best love triangle in the series.
- It's my opinion that Ha Yu deserves the Best Actor Award this year. He's not a TVB Siu Sang but his performance was amazing.
- I think TVB will either give the Best Actor award to Raymond Lam, but if it comes down to Siu Sangs I would like Moses Chan to win just because I think his acting was one up on Raymond.